NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of Canada
- be of the age of majority or older in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry or over the age of thirteen (13) but under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry (a “Minor”) provided any such Minor’s parent/legal guardian has consented to such Minor’s participation in the Contest and has accepted and agreed (on his/her own behalf and on behalf of such Minor) to be legally bound by these Contest Rules;
Employees of Sporting Life and its affiliated, parent, subsidiary and related companies, arm’s length companies, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, judges of the Contest and the household members or persons domiciled with any of the above mentioned employees, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on March 8 and ends on March 15, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). After the end of the Contest Period, the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. These Contest rules and regulations are available online at sportinglife.ca (“Contest Website”). No entries will be accepted by any other means.
- How to Enter. To enter, you must have an active Instagram account, find the Contest Post on Sporting Life’s Instagram @sportinglifeca, follow @sportinglifeca, tag a friend and submit a photo in direct message for an extra entry.
- Finalist Prize. There is one  finalist prizes (“Finalist Prizes”) available to be won by the Contest finalist (“Finalist”) consisting of: one (1) $100 Sporting Life e-gift card.
- Winner Selection and Notification. The winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative after March 16, 2022 at the Sponsor’s office. The winner will be notified by Sporting Life via email.
Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question administered by Sporting Life. As a condition of receiving the prize, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an agreement confirming eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within the time period designated by Sponsor, if Sponsor so requests, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to do so or is found to be ineligible in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that potential winner will be disqualified. If a potential winner (i) cannot be reached on Instagram within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, or without limiting the foregoing, Sporting Life is blocked from contact the user via Instagram or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) does not correctly answer the skill-testing question or does not complete any other required information for the purpose of declaring such entrant a winner and awarding him/her a prize, or is otherwise unable to receive or claim the prize, or (iii) is found to be ineligible or otherwise does not or cannot comply with these Official Rules, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
Please note that no entrant is a winner of a prize unless and until such entrant’s eligibility has been verified and Sponsor has confirmed such verification to the winner, even if that entrant’s name has been publicly posted as a winner prior to completion of the verification process.
- Rights Granted by You. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sporting Life and its agents, and their respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use his/her name, likeness, voice, hometown, biographical information, and any images or statements relating to the Contest for any lawful purpose (including but not limited to advertising and promotion), in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without further notice, permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Releases. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error herein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all actions of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representative(s), whose decisions are binding and final on all matters related to this Contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators to release, indemnify, defend, and hold the Sponsor and the Social Platform and their respective affiliates, promotion agencies, suppliers, partners, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest. By accepting any prize, winner agrees for himself/herself and for his/her heirs, executors and administrators to release, hold harmless, indemnify and defend the Released Parties from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize related activity and claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy, defamation or prize delivery.
- Additional Terms. By entering the Contest, the entrant understands and agrees that any submission may be refused as entry to this Contest in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Each participant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest and/or the prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, incomplete or destroyed entries and all such forms are void.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate registration or entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet in general or of the Social Platform, or any change in the Social Platform’s terms of service; or (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor has not made and is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims, any representation, warranty or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize.
Sporting Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sporting Life may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sporting Life. Sporting Life reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or website or violates these Official Rules. Sporting Life has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sporting Life reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.